Monday, August 31, 2009

Goodbye August Hello September!

We are now on the last day of August, can you believe it. August went by so quickly. The funny thing is that the hot weather that we have been having comes at the end of summer. Hopefully this means that summer will stay longer and winter will come later. Wishful thinking I know.

Recently I was able to go to a musical in the town of Cardston. This was the first time I was able to attend there summer musicals and I must say it was not to bad. I attended the fun musical "Singing in the Rain" which is always a classic. There cast consists of mostly local people. Most of them are pretty young but pretty good. So if you have not attended the Cardston plays you should put this no your to do list.

Speaking of a to do list. I have been pondering buying a house for a long time and the other day I finally decided that it was time to see if I could do it. I made an appointment with the mortgage people and I was on my way. Let me tell you it is not as easy as it looks. There is so much that goes into buying a house that I had no idea about. So I was approved for a certain amount of money and it is really hard to find something decent that is in that price range. I don't want something that I will have to put a lot of money into but I can't afford brand new. So as you can see the selection is very slim. It's such a big purchase that I want to make sure I make the right decision.

On the weekend I didn't do to much because I had to work the whole time. I am very excited as I get the next two weekends off. What will I do with all that time! If the weather is as good as it is now, I will be a happy camper.

For all you tennis fans out there, the US open starts today! I am so excited!!! Andy Rodic all the way!!! As for the girls I just don't know who to cheer for maybe Serena. Any who watch it, you won't be sorry!

I hope you are all enjoying this wonderful weather as much as I am! Here's to September which I have a feeling will bring on some new adventures!!!

Mary

P.S. There is nothing better then tennis!!!

No comments: