Friday, October 3, 2008

Holidays are never long enough!

My holidays are almost over and I can't believe it. Two weeks was just not long enough! I don't have any spectacular stories to tell from my holidays but I had fun none the less.

The trip to grand prairie seemed way longer then I remember it. I had a hard time sitting in a car for that long, but once we got there it was all worth it. While in Grand prairie I was able to spend a lot of time holding my new nephew, and help my dad put a wall together for the very first time. Some how I managed to get lost 3 times while driving with various people. Grand Prairie is not that big so I am not sure exactly how this happened. I was also able to eat the best meals I have had in a long time. Of course I did some shopping but as I am not to fond of the whole shopping thing I only bought one thing. So in a nut shell this was my Grand prairie adventure.

While I have been on holidays I have been able to catch up with a lot of friends. I was able to go to cold Lake for a day. My old stomping grounds. I almost didn't recognize the place because I had not been there in 4 or 5 years. My friends told me that I look the same as the last time they had seen me. I am not sure this is a good thing or a bad thing. While back in Lethbridge I have also been able to get together with a lot of friends I had not seen in a while, who thought I had left the planet. It felt good to get caught up with all the major events that had happened in there lives.

Yesterday my roommate moved all of her stuff out of our house. She has decided to enter into her new life of marriage. She was having a hard time saying goodbye, but I assured her that we will still get together. I will never forget the kind of friend she was to me.

This holiday was a great one and you better believe that I will be taking more of them!

Mary

P.S. There is nothing better the tennis!!!

No comments: